Chevrolet is expanding its lineup with a new 2020 Equinox. The 2020 Chevrolet Equinox tailgate control module may be used for this vehicle and some of the features it has are an eight-inch color touch screen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, remote start, and smart phone integration.
The Chevrolet Equinox is a compact SUV that has been in production since 2004. The second generation of the Equinox was introduced in 2010 and it is this generation that is the focus of this article. One of the features of the second-generation Chevrolet Equinox is the tailgate control module (GTGE).
The GTGE is a module that is located in the rear of the vehicle. It controls the operation of the tailgate, including opening and closing it. The GTGE can be controlled manually or by using the remote key fob.
The GTGE is a important safety feature of the Chevrolet Equinox. It helps to prevent accidents by keeping the tailgate closed when the vehicle is in motion. It also helps to keep unwanted items from entering the vehicle through the tailgate.
The GTGE is easy to use and it is a great safety feature of the Chevrolet Equinox. If you are looking for a compact SUV that has this feature, then the Chevrolet Equinox is a great choice.
How to identify a faulty tailgate module
There are a few ways to tell if your Chevrolet Equinox’s tailgate module is faulty. One way is to listen for a clicking noise when you open or close the tailgate. This noise indicates that the module is not receiving power and needs to be replaced.
Another way to tell if the tailgate module is faulty is to check the tailgate itself. If the tailgate does not open or close smoothly, or if it seems to get stuck in one position, then the module may be to blame.
If you suspect that your Equinox’s tailgate module is faulty, the best course of action is to take it to a qualified technician for diagnosis and replacement.
What is the cost of a tailgate module?
The cost of a Chevrolet Equinox tailgate module can vary depending on where you purchase it. However, you can expect to pay around $200 for a new module. You may be able to find a used module for less, but it is important to make sure that the module is in good working condition before purchasing it.
Installation instructions for a tailgate module
- Park the Chevrolet Equinox in a well-lit, level area. Turn off the engine and set the parking brake.
- Locate the tailgate control module on the left side of the cargo area, behind the trim panel.
- Remove the two screws that secure the trim panel to the module.
- Pull the trim panel away from the module to access the electrical connectors.
- Disconnect the two electrical connectors from the module.
- Remove the old module by unscrewing the four mounting screws.
- Install the new module by screwing it into place with the four mounting screws.
- Reconnect the two electrical connectors to the new module.
- Push the trim panel back into place and secure it with the two screws
This 2020 Chevrolet Equinox tailgate control module is a great way to control your tailgate with ease. With this module, you’ll be able to open and close your tailgate with the push of a button, making it easy to load and unload cargo. This module is an essential piece of equipment for any Equinox owner, and it’s available at a great price on eBay. Don’t wait any longer — get your hands on this module today!